Friday, September 19, 2008

Life imitating art...

Oh man!

So I was talking to my little cousin the other day and he was telling me how he was going through all these little movies I made when I was a kid. See, back in the 90's when I was a kid me and my friends used to make movies that revolved around things we thought were funny, thing is, I had (and still do) a really fucked up sense of humour.

Anyways, he found a video me and my cousin (his older brother) made when we were 15-16 and thought it was hilarious, so he uploaded it to youtube. The video is a movie I made for a valentine's day school assembly in high school and its basically a dating how-to video hosted by two pedophiles....yes you read that correctly. I got in a lot of trouble for this video and it pretty much cemented me and Mitch (yes the same one from the keys video) as the "weird funny guys" in high school. Take a gander! Oh and keep in mind that this is from like 1998.

Dwayne & Uncle Teddy on dating

Its no wonder that whenever I see people from high school and they ask what I do, they burst out laughing when I tell them "dating coach".

5 comments:

Michael said...

So Cajun was a fat ass, had no acting ability, and Canadians thought slim jeans were cool in the 90's?

Derek Comeau said...

Mitch was the fat ass hehe. Im the skinny one. But other than that, yes.

Unknown said...

It's good, in fact it's freakin hilarious...

Your characters both remind me of Tony Clifton, you know, Andy Kaufman's 'friend' - I'm sure you know who I'm talkin about, but if not, check out 'Man on the Moon' starring Jim Carrey.

Anonymous said...

Humour is an element that adds spice to life and without which may be life would have been very difficult to spend. But contrary to what many people believe, http://www.besthealthmed.com/humour.html humour is not all about smiling and laughing, though it caters to these fields mainly. Humour is actually the capability to see the lighter side of life, sometimes even in a serious environment. But this lighter view of life should be done intelligently. Slapstick humour is no humour at all, it is just trash.

Lucifer said...

But... You don't move slow at all.. ?